Mushrooms on ToastSundays are very special to all the staff at Mildreds because the restaurant is closed so we all have a guaranteed day off and what better way to enjoy it than a lie in, sunday paper and a big tasty late breakfast. This is a good brunch option because its really quick to make.
Recipe (serves 2-3):200g Sliced mushrooms washed (closed cup, button or chestnut or a mixture)
3 Tbsp low fat creme fraiche
2 Cloves garlic finely chopped
1 Tsp wheat free flour
1 Sprig of thyme chopped
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
2 Tbsp olive oil
2-4 slices of bread depending on how hungry you are
1) Warm the oil and add the garlic and thyme.
2) Add the mushrooms and saute for about 3 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked then sprinkle over the flour and stir through.
3) Pop the bread in the toaster. Add the creme fraiche to the mushrooms and stir though.
4) Season and add the dill.
5) Top the bread with the mushrooms.
6) After you eat, leave the dishes and lie on the coach.